Kan. Admin. Regs. § 28-4-813 - Child growth and development
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
28-4-813. Child growth and development. (a) Social development. Each licensee shall provide for the growth and development of each child in foster care by providing the following:
(1) Contact with the family of the child in foster care in accordance with the case plan prepared by the child's child-placing agent;
(2) access to individual, school, and community recreational activities according to the child's age and interest; and
(b) Culture and religion. Each licensee shall meet the cultural and religious needs of each child in foster care placed in the family foster home.
(c) Recreational development. Each licensee shall provide an adequate supply of play equipment, materials, and books that meet the following requirements:
(1) Are suitable to the developmental needs and interests of each child in foster care; and
(2) are safe, clean, and in good repair.
(d) Education and basic skills. Each licensee shall provide the following to each child in foster care:
(1) Facilitation of the child's timely enrollment and school attendance in a local school district or, when appropriate, the child's district of residence and facilitation of the child's regular attendance at school or any other place of instruction in accordance with the child's individual education plan; and
(2) assistance to each child in learning basic life skills that allow the opportunity to improve self concept and strengthen identity in preparation for life after foster care. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-508; effective March 28, 2008.)