28-46-31 - Information to be considered by the secretary
28-46-31. Information to be considered by the secretary
40 CFR 146.14, except for reference to 40 CFR 122.42(g), 40 CFR 146.6240 CFR 146.66, 40 CFR 146.70 and 40 CFR part 144, subpart F, for class I wells and 40 CFR 146.34, for class III wells, as in effect on July 1, 2008, are adopted by reference. In addition, all of the following requirements shall be applicable to class I hazardous waste injections wells:
(a) Each applicant shall demonstrate that the well meets the requirements of K.S.A. 65-3439, and amendments thereto, relating to hazardous waste injection wells and applicable to class I hazardous waste injection wells.
(b) Each applicant shall be responsible for providing information to the department necessary to substantiate that well injection of the hazardous waste liquid in question is the most reasonable method of disposal after all other options have been considered.
(1) Factors to be considered in determining the most reasonable method shall include those required by K.S.A. 65-3439, and amendments thereto.
(2) All factors considered shall be documented in a report submitted to the department for review and consideration for approval.
(c) Each applicant shall determine, through a detailed record search and field survey, the location of each abandoned oil and gas well and exploratory hole within the area of review, as specified in K.A.R. 28-46-32 .
(1) An interview with those responsible for drilling, producing, plugging, or witnessing these activities shall be a part of the record.
(2) The results of the field survey shall be documented in a report submitted to the department.
(3) A map geographically documenting the location of all the holes and abandoned wells within the area of review, as specified in K.A.R. 28-46-32, shall be included as a part of the report specified in paragraph (c)(2).(Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 55-1,117 and 65-171d; effective May 1, 1982; amended, T-83-49, Dec. 22, 1982; amended May 1, 1983; amended, T-86-47, Dec. 19, 1985; amended May 1, 1986; amended March 21, 1994; amended Aug. 6, 2010.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.