Kan. Admin. Regs. § 30-2-12 - Fee for providing copies of agency documents and records to non-agency personnel
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
Except as set forth in
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
30-2-12. Fee for providing copies of agency documents and records to non-agency personnel. Except as set forth in K.A.R. 30-2-12(d), the following fees may be charged for providing copies of agency documents and records to non-agency personnel: (a) A fee for copies of $.25 per single-sided page;
(b) an additional fee not exceeding the actual cost of furnishing copies, including the cost of staff time required to make the information available; and
(c) in the case of fees for providing access to records maintained on computer facilities, the cost of any computer services, including staff time required.
(d) Exceptions. No fee shall be charged if the request for documents or records meets any of the following criteria:
(1) Is in the administration of an agency program;
(2) is in relationship to a client fair hearing;
(3) is for medical diagnosis or treatment;
(4) is from a state agency; or
(5) is pursuant to an administrative regulation authorizing the release of the document or record without the charging of a fee. This regulation shall take effect on and after April 1, 1999. (Authorized by K.S.A. 75-5321; implementing K.S.A. 76-12a10, K.S.A. 45-218; effective, E-80-13, Aug. 8, 1979; effective May 1, 1980; amended May 1, 1983; amended May 1, 1985; amended April 1, 1999.)