Kan. Admin. Regs. § 30-4-52 - Act in own behalf

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Emancipated minor. "Emancipated minor" means a person who is age 16 or 17 and who is or has been married, or a person who is under the age of 18 and who has acquired the rights of majority through court action.
(b) Ability to act on own behalf. Each applicant or recipient shall be legally capable of acting on that individual's own behalf. Incapacitated persons or minors shall not be eligible to receive assistance unless a caretaker applies for assistance on that person's behalf. Emancipated minors shall be eligible to receive assistance on their own behalf. Unemancipated minors shall not be deemed capable of acting on their own behalf and shall reside with a caretaker in order to be eligible for assistance, except when one of the following conditions exists.
(1) Either the parents of the minor are institutionalized or the minor has no parent who is living or whose whereabouts are known, and there is no other caretaker who is willing to assume parental control of the minor.
(2) The health and safety of the minor has or would be jeopardized by remaining in the household with the minor's parents or other caretakers.
(c) This regulation shall take effect on and after July 1, 1998.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 30-4-52
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 1997 Supp. 39-708c and K.S.A. 1997 Supp. 39-709; effective May 1, 1981; amended May 1, 1984; amended Jan. 4, 1993; amended Oct. 1, 1993; amended March 1, 1997; amended Oct. 1, 1997; amended July 1, 1998.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.