Kan. Admin. Regs. § 4-8-43 - [Revoked]
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
4-8-43. Noxious weeds; declaration of county as a sericea lespedeza disaster area. The board of county commissioners of any county may petition the Kansas secretary of agriculture to declare that county to be a sericea lespedeza disaster area. (a) The petition form, which shall be provided by the secretary, shall include the following information:
(1) The number of acres of sericea lespedeza identified on private land;
(2) the number of acres of sericea lespedeza identified on public land;
(3) the approximate amount of expenditures by private and public land managers to control the infestation;
(4) the county mil levy for noxious weeds and the extent to which the acres infested by sericea lespedeza are being treated; and
(5) a specific, practical action plan detailing the county's approach to contain and manage the acres infested with sericea lespedeza in the county.
(b) Following approval of the petition by the board of county commissioners, the petition shall be submitted to the secretary for approval or denial.
(c) A county may be designated as a sericea lespedeza disaster area by the secretary based upon the following criteria:
(1) The percent of land area in the county estimated to be infested with sericea lespedeza;
(2) the percent of acres known to have been treated for sericea lespedeza;
(3) a designation of whether or not the county is an exporter of native hay or mulch;
(4) the percent of mil levy for weed control that is dedicated to sericea lespedeza control; and
(5) a specification of whether the acreage of sericea lespedeza is equal to or greater than two percent of any of the following:
(A) The total land area of the county;
(B) the amount of private land in the county; or
(C) the amount of public land in the county.
(d) Random spot checks of counties designated as sericea lespedeza disaster areas may be conducted by the secretary to ensure consistent implementation as approved in the action plan. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2-1315, as amended by L. 2002, Ch. 37, Sec. 1; effective, T-4-1-2-03, Jan. 2, 2003; effective April 18, 2003.)