Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-17-2 - Application to deposit a water right into a water bank or withdraw a deposit

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Each water right owner proposing to deposit all or a portion of a water right into a water bank shall complete an application on a form prescribed by the water bank and approved by the chief engineer. The application shall be filed with the water bank on or before April 1 of the year in which the deposit will be made. A water right, or a portion of a water right, may be deposited only in increments of full calendar years. A water right shall not be eligible for deposit if water use occurred under the water right, or a portion of the water right, at any time from January 1 through March 31 of the year in which the deposit will be made. The application shall contain the following information concerning the water right, or portion of the water right, that is proposed to be deposited:
(1) The file number of the water right to be deposited;
(2) if the water right is a vested right or an appropriation right that has been certified by the chief engineer, specification of that status;
(3) the hydrologic unit from which the water right is authorized to withdraw water;
(4) the calendar years during which the water right will be on deposit. This period shall not exceed five years; and
(5) any CRP contracts that were in effect for any part of the representative past period.
(b) A water right may be withdrawn from deposit only if both of the following conditions are met:
(1) The water right has not been leased in whole or part.
(2) An application to withdraw the water right from deposit is made before July 1 of the calendar year for which the deposit has been made. Withdrawal of a water right during one calendar year also shall withdraw the water right from deposit in any subsequent years for which the water right may have been deposited.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-17-2
Authorized by K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 82a-769; implementing K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 82a-763, K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 82a-764, and K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 82a-769; effective Aug. 13, 2004; amended May 21, 2010.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.