Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-17-8 - Depositing water in a safe deposit account

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Each calendar year in which water is deposited, the depositor shall file a deposit slip, on a form prescribed by the water bank and approved by the chief engineer, with the water bank indicating the quantity of water that was unused and the quantity of water that the depositor proposes to deposit.
(b) Water shall be deposited in an existing safe deposit account no later than March 1 of the year following the calendar year in which the water was not used.
(c) When the deposit is made, the depositor shall furnish the water bank with the following information:
(1) The water flowmeter readings at the beginning and end of the calendar year in which the water was not used under the water right; and
(2) the quantity of water proposed to be deposited.
(d) The water bank shall accept for deposit the quantity of water that meets the provisions of the water bank charter and the Kansas water banking act and regulations.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-17-8
Authorized by K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 82a-769; implementing K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 82a-763 and K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 82a-769; effective Aug. 13, 2004.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.