Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-17-9 - Term permit to use water that was deposited in a safe deposit account

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Before approval of a term permit to use water deposited in a safe deposit account, the water bank shall certify to the chief engineer the quantity of water that is in the safe deposit account.
(b) Before any water that has been deposited into a safe deposit account may be used, the applicant shall apply for a term permit, submit the appropriate filing fee, and receive approval from the chief engineer. Each term permit shall contain the following conditions:
(1) The maximum rate of diversion of water;
(2) the maximum quantity of water that may be diverted the remainder of that calendar year, which shall not exceed the quantity of water certified by the water bank to be in the safe deposit account;
(3) the length of the term permit, which shall not exceed December 31 of the year in which the term permit was issued by the chief engineer. No extensions of time shall be granted for this type of term permit;
(4) a provision that the use of water under the term permit shall not impair any existing water rights;
(5) a provision that the use of water under the term permit shall not cause an increase in the depletion of a severely depleted groundwater aquifer or severely depleted stream course; and
(6) a provision that violation of any of the terms of the term permit shall subject the owner to the penalty provisions of K.A.R. 5-17-13.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-17-9
Authorized by K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 82a-769; implementing K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 82a-763 and K.S.A. 2003 Supp. 82a-769; effective Aug. 13, 2004.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.