Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-3-1a - Application for a basin term permit

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

An application for a basin term permit shall be filed on a form prescribed by the chief engineer. The term requested shall not exceed one year. A basin term permit may be extended in one-year increments if all of the following conditions are met:

(a) The request for extension is filed before the end of the current term in a manner acceptable to the chief engineer.
(b) The applicant has complied with the terms, conditions, and limitations of the basin term permit during the previous calendar year.
(c) Granting the requested extension will not cause impairment of each approval of application and water right with an earlier priority.
(d) The applicant shows good cause why the extension should be granted.

The total time authorized by a basin term permit shall not exceed five calendar years. Basin term permits shall not be transferable. At the end of the specified term, the permit shall be dismissed, and any priority it may have had shall be forfeited.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 5-3-1a
Authorized by K.S.A. 82a-706a; implementing K.S.A. 82a-712; effective Sept. 22, 2000.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.