Kan. Admin. Regs. § 66-10-13 - Geology experience
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
66-10-13. Geology experience of a character that is satisfactory to the board. (a) The work experience required of each applicant shall expose the applicant to all phases of work integral to the discipline of geology in which the applicant claims qualification to practice and shall be verified as specified in paragraph (b)(2).
(b) Geology experience shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Fall within the definition of "practice of professional geology" in K.S.A. 74-7003, and amendments thereto; and
(2) be directly supervised and verified by a licensed geologist for work performed after July 1, 2000. However, direct supervision by a licensed geologist shall not be required of the employees of any person, firm, or corporation that does not offer services in the technical professions to the public, although verification by the applicant's supervisor shall still be required.
(c) The following shall be used to assess credit for work experience:
(1) Experience credit shall not be allowed for work performed before graduation.
(2) One year of credit toward the experience requirement may be given for a master's degree in geology or in a closely related specialty area acceptable to the board.
(3) Teaching geology in a college or university that offers a geology curriculum of four years or more approved by the board may be considered geology experience.
(d) Each applicant shall supply references from at least three licensed geologists or licensed engineers who are familiar with the applicant's geology experience. At least two of these references shall be licensed geologists. One of the three references may be a licensed engineer. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2013 Supp. 74-7013, as amended by 2014 SB 349, sec. 12; implementing 2014 SB 349, sec. 16; effective Feb. 4, 2000; amended Feb. 9, 2001; amended Nov. 2, 2001; amended Nov. 1, 2002; amended Dec. 27, 2013; amended, T-66-5-30-14, July 1, 2014; amended Sept. 26, 2014.)