Kan. Admin. Regs. § 66-10-4 - Landscape architecture work experience
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
66-10-4. Landscape architecture work experience of a character satisfactory to the board. (a) The work experience required of each applicant shall expose the applicant to all phases of work integral to the practice of landscape architecture and shall be verified as set forth in paragraph (b)(1)(B) of this regulation.
(b)(1) Landscape architectural work experience shall meet the following conditions:
(A) Fall within the definition of "the practice of landscape architecture" under K.S.A. 74-7003 and amendments thereto; and
(B) if performed after February 22, 1993, be supervised and verified by a licensed landscape architect, architect, or engineer.
(2) Beginning April 1, 1995, each applicant for examination shall provide a record of landscape architectural experience that has been compiled and transmitted by the council of landscape architectural boards (CLARB).
(3) Beginning July 1, 2001, each applicant for reciprocity shall provide a record of landscape architectural experience that has been compiled and transmitted by the council of landscape architectural boards (CLARB).
(c) The following guidelines shall be used to assign credit for work experience.
(1) A master's degree in landscape architecture may equal one year of credit toward the four-year experience requirement for a graduate of an accredited, four-year curriculum in landscape architecture.
(2) Each applicant who is a graduate of an accredited, master's level curriculum in landscape architecture as the first professional degree shall be considered by the board to be equivalent to a graduate of a five-year curriculum and shall meet the experience requirements of that curriculum as specified in K.S.A. 74-7020 and amendments thereto.
(3) Teaching landscape architecture in a college or university that offers an approved landscape architectural curriculum of four years or more may be considered landscape architectural experience.
(4) Credit may be given for 50% of the verified work experience obtained after a student has achieved "junior status" in an LAAB-accredited landscape architectural curriculum. Credit for this work experience shall not exceed one year.
(d) Each applicant shall supply at least three references from licensed landscape architects who are familiar with the applicant's landscape architectural experience. (Authorized by K.S.A. 1999 Supp. 74-7013; implementing K.S.A. 74-7020; effective May 1, 1984; amended May 1, 1985; amended May 4, 1992; amended Feb. 22, 1993; amended Feb. 14, 1994; amended Feb. 13, 1995; amended Feb. 9, 2001.)