Kan. Admin. Regs. § 68-20-11 - Applications for registration
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
68-20-11. Applications for registration.
(a) The expiration date of all registrations shall be the last day of June in each year.
(b) Each application for the following types of registration shall include the controlled substances code number for each basic class or substance to be covered by the registration:
(1) Registration to handle any basic class of controlled substances listed in schedule I, except registration to conduct chemical analysis with such classes;
(2) registration to manufacture a basic class of controlled substances listed in schedules II through V; and
(3) registration to conduct research with any narcotic controlled substance in schedules II through V.
(c) Each application, attachment, or other document filed as part of an application, shall be signed by:
(1) the applicant, if an individual;
(2) the authorized representative, if the registration is for a location;
(3) a partner of the applicant, if a partnership; or
(4) by an officer of the applicant, if a corporation, corporate division, association, trust or other entity.
(d) Any applicant may authorize one or more individuals to sign applications for the applicant or location by filing, with the executive secretary of the board, a power of attorney for each such individual. The power of attorney shall contain the signature of the individual who shall be authorized to sign applications pursuant to that power of attorney. The power of attorney shall be valid until revoked by the applicant.
(e) Any person required to obtain more than one registration may submit all applications in one package. Each application shall be completed and should not refer to any accompanying application for required information.
(f) Applications submitted for filing shall be dated upon receipt. Completed applications shall be accepted for filing. If completed with only minor defects, the board may accept the application for filing and send a request to the applicant for additional information. A defective application shall be returned to the applicant within 10 days following its receipt with a statement of the reason for refusal to accept the application for filing. A defective application may be corrected and resubmitted for filing at any time.
(g) Additional information. The board may require any applicant or the applicant's authorized representative to submit such documents or written statements of fact relevant to the application as it deems necessary to determine whether the application should be granted. The failure of the applicant or authorized representative to provide the documents or statements within a reasonable time after being requested to do so shall be deemed to be a waiver of an opportunity to present the documents or facts for consideration by the board in granting or denying the application.
(h) Amendments to and withdrawal of applications.
(1) Any application may be amended or withdrawn without permission of the board at any time before the date on which the applicant or the applicant's authorized representative receives an order to show cause pursuant to K.S.A. 65-4119. Any application may be amended or withdrawn with permission of the board at any time good cause is shown by the applicant or the applicant's authorized representative, or when the amendment or withdrawal is in the public interest.
(2) After an application has been accepted for filing, a request by the applicant or the applicant's authorized representative for return of the application or failure of the applicant or authorized representative to respond to official correspondence regarding the application, when sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, shall be deemed to be a withdrawal of the application. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 65-4116 as amended by L. 1987, Ch. 244, Sec. 3; effective, E-72-24, Aug. 25, 1972; effective Jan. 1, 1973; amended May 1, 1985; amended May 1, 1988.)