Kan. Admin. Regs. § 69-15-12 - Continuing education for license renewal
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
Each licensed cosmetic tattoo artist, tattoo artist, and body piercer shall participate in continuing education according to the following requirements:
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
69-15-12. Continuing education for license renewal. Each licensed cosmetic tattoo artist, tattoo artist, and body piercer shall participate in continuing education according to the following requirements:
(a) Each individual shall biennially complete five clock-hours, either as one unit or a combination of units, not less than one hour each. Each individual who fails to renew the license before its expiration shall meet the additional continuing education requirements pursuant to K.S.A. 65-1943, and amendments thereto.
(b) Continuing education courses shall be of the same subject matter relating to the practice as the required curricula for training as a cosmetic tattoo artist, tattoo artist, and body piercer and shall consist of either of the following:
(1) Participation in or attendance at an instructional program approved by the board; or
(2) attendance at a meeting of the board, comprising up to one hour of the total requirement, which shall not include the public comment portion of the meeting.
(c) Each licensee seeking credit for attendance at or participation in an educational program that was not previously approved by the board shall submit to the board a request for credit, which shall include the following information:
(1) The location of the program;
(2) the date of the program;
(3) the start and end times of the program;
(4) a detailed description of the subject covered;
(5) the name of each instructor and the instructor's qualifications; and
(6) a sign-in sheet or certificate of attendance, which shall include the date, the program title, and the signature of the instructor.
(d) A license shall not be renewed without the board's receipt and approval of the individual's continuing education as required by K.A.R. 69-15-13. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 65-1945 and K.S.A. 74-2702a; implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 65-1943 and 65-1945; effective Aug. 22, 1997; amended Feb. 14, 2014.)