Kan. Admin. Regs. § 69-15-3 - Cosmetic tattoo artist trainer, tattoo artist trainer, and body piercing trainer
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
69-15-3. Cosmetic tattoo artist trainer, tattoo artist trainer, and body piercing trainer. (a) Each applicant for licensure as a cosmetic tattoo artist trainer, tattoo artist trainer, or body piercing trainer shall apply on forms provided by the board and accompanied by the following:
(1) The nonrefundable trainer license fee;
(2) a valid Kansas cosmetic tattoo artist, body piercer, or tattoo artist license number;
(3) documentation outlining the proposed training syllabus, which shall meet the requirements of K.A.R. 69-15-2(a), (b), or (c);
(4) the name and address of the licensed establishment where training will be provided; and
(5) verification of five years of full-time, active practice, consisting of at least 1,500 hours per year, as a licensed cosmetic tattoo artist, tattoo artist, or body piercer in any state.
(b) In addition to meeting the requirements in subsection (a), each applicant seeking approval as an advanced body piercing trainer shall be licensed as an advanced body piercer. (Authorized by K.S.A. 74-2702a; implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 65-1943, 65-1948, and 65-1950; effective Aug. 22, 1997; amended Feb. 14, 2014.)