Kan. Admin. Regs. § 69-15-7 - Examination for cosmetic tattoo artists, tattoo artists, or body piercers
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
69-15-7. Examination for cosmetic tattoo artists, tattoo artists, or body piercers. (a) The examinations for tattoo, cosmetic tattoo, and body piercing shall consist of both a written examination and a practical examination on safety, sanitation, and standards of practice.
(b) The examinations shall test the applicant's knowledge of the following areas:
(1) Basic principles of safety, sanitation, and sterilization;
(2) Kansas laws and regulations;
(3) chemical use and storage;
(4) diseases and disorders including skin disease, HIV, hepatitis B, and infectious or contagious diseases;
(5) equipment, supplies, tools, and implements;
(6) practice standards;
(7) establishment standards; and
(c) The written examination shall consist of no more than 150 multiple-choice questions and shall not exceed two hours in duration. The examination shall be closed-book and shall be presented and conducted in English. The examination shall consist of two sections, with one section composed entirely of questions related to Kansas law.
(d) To test the applicant's knowledge of infection-control practices and practice standards, the practical examination shall evaluate the following:
(1) A setup for an actual procedure;
(2) a mock demonstration of a procedure; and
(3) a demonstration of the clean-up process for a procedure.
(e) To be eligible for licensure, each applicant shall attain a score of at least 75 percent on each section of the written examination and a score of at least 75 percent on the practical examination. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 65-1943 and 65-1948 and K.S.A. 74-2702a; implementing K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 65-1943 and 65-1948; effective Aug. 22, 1997; amended Feb. 14, 2014.)