Kan. Admin. Regs. § 7-17-21 - Searches
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
7-17-21. Searches. (a) A searchable index of all UCC records shall be maintained for inspection by the filing officer. The index shall allow the retrieval of a record by the name of the debtor and by the file number of the initial financing statement, and each filed UCC record relating to the initial financing statement.
(b) Each search request shall contain the following information:
(1) The name of the debtor to be searched, using designated fields for the organization name and individual first, middle, and last names and specifying whether the debtor is an individual or an organization. Each search request shall be processed using the name and the designated fields in the exact form submitted;
(2) the name and address of the person to whom the search report is to be sent; and
(3) the appropriate fee, payable by any permissible method specified in K.A.R. 7-17-5.
(c) A search request may contain any of the following information:
(1) A request that copies of records found in the search be included with the search report;
(2) a request to limit the copies of records by restricting the search to a city, a filing date or a range of filing dates, or the identity of the secured party of record;
(3) a request to include lapsed, active records; or
(4) instructions on the mode of delivery desired, if other than by ordinary mail. This request shall be honored if the requested mode is available to the filing office.
(d) Before providing a copy of any UCC record, the filing officer shall redact any information in accordance with laws applicable to privacy rights and identity theft protection. (Authorized by K.S.A. 2006 Supp. 84-9-526; implementing K.S.A. 2006 Supp. 84-9-519; effective Oct. 12, 2001; amended July 7, 2008.)