Kan. Admin. Regs. § 81-11-5 - Request for hearing

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) When the commissioner has entered any emergency or summary order or given notice of intent to issue any order, an aggrieved party may file a written request for a hearing. The request shall be filed in the office of the commissioner within 30 days of service of the order or notice of intent.
(b) The request for hearing shall contain the following:
(1) the title of the matter as written on the commissioner's order or notice;
(2) the docket number of the matter;
(3) a request for a hearing and if allegations of the commissioner's staff are disputed and the aggrieved party desires a formal adjudicatory proceeding, a statement to that effect;
(4) a detailed statement of what allegations in the staff's pleadings are disputed by the aggrieved party. All allegations not disputed in the request shall be found to be admitted by the aggrieved party;
(5) the name, address, and phone number of any local and any foreign counsel; and
(6) a sworn verification by the requesting party that the contents of the request are true. If the aggrieved party is an individual, the verification shall be signed by the individual. If the aggrieved party is a corporation, the verification shall be signed by the president or the chairman of the board of directors. If the aggrieved party is a partnership, the verification shall be signed by a general partner. If the aggrieved party is a governmental unit, the verification shall be signed by the highest official in the unit or a deputy.
(c) Failure of an aggrieved party to file a request for hearing in substantial compliance with this section shall constitute grounds for denial of the request.
(d) No hearing shall be granted to an aggrieved party unless a timely request for hearing has been filed, but the commissioner may grant a hearing upon the commissioner's own motion or upon the request of the commissioner's staff.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 81-11-5
Authorized by K.S.A. 1984 Supp. 17-1270 and K.S.A. 17-1282; implementing K.S.A. 17-1254, as amended by L. 1985, Ch. 88, Sec. 1, K.S.A. 17-1254a, K.S.A. 17-1260, as amended by L. 1985, Ch. 88, Sec. 2, K.S.A. 1984 Supp. 17-1261, K.S.A. 1984 Supp. 17-1262, as amended by L. 1985, Ch. 89, Sec. 1, K.S.A. 17-1266a, as amended by L. 1985 Ch. 88, Sec. 4, K.S.A. 17-1277, and K.S.A. 17-1281; effective May 1, 1984; amended, T-86-38, Dec. 11, 1985; amended May 1, 1986.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.