Kan. Admin. Regs. § 82-3-1217 - Safety inspection
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
82-3-1217. Safety inspection. (a) Each operator shall perform a safety inspection of the storage facility at least once every 12 months. One extension of one month for the performance of the safety inspection may be granted by the director, upon written request. Each operator shall ensure that all of the following conditions are met in the safety inspection:
(1) Each automatic shut-in safety valve at the surface is in normal operating condition and each alarm is operating.
(2) Each wellhead and any equipment attached to the wellhead is connected and functioning.
(3) Each valve, annulus, and blowdown opens and closes with reasonable ease, including the storage wellhead manual valve.
(4) Each communication link between any control room and remote control center is connected and functioning.
(5) The SCADA system is connected and functioning.
(6) The wellhead pressure monitoring associated with the plugging-monitoring status plan is in working order.
(7) Each corrosion control system is functioning.
(8) Each sign is properly posted, updated, and maintained.
(9) The safety fences or barriers, security equipment, and lighting are properly installed and maintained.
(b) Each operator shall notify the conservation division of the inspection at least 30 days before the inspection. Each operator shall schedule the inspection to facilitate the presence of an agent of the conservation division.
(c) Each operator shall submit to the conservation division a written report that includes the inspection procedures and results. The report shall be submitted within 30 days after the safety inspection.
(d) Each operator shall maintain the following at the storage facility and at the operator's main office in Kansas, for inspection by the conservation division:
(1) The maps specified in K.A.R. 82-3-1203(d);
(2) the local geological evaluation specified in K.A.R. 82-3-1208(h); and
(3) the layout of the storage facility specified in K.A.R. 82-3-1208(i). (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2011 Supp. 66-1274; effective Dec. 21, 2012.)