Kan. Admin. Regs. § 82-3-123a - Well bore; commingling of fluids
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
82-3-123a. Well bore; commingling of fluids. (a) When applicable. Well bore commingling of fluids from one or more intervals with fluids from a production interval shall be permitted after application and approval by the conservation division.
(b) Application. Each original application for commingling and one copy shall be filed with the conservation division. The application shall contain the following information:
(1) A plat map showing the location of the subject well, the location of other wells on the lease, the location of offset wells within a ½-mile radius of the subject well, and, for each well, the name of the lessee of record or the operator;
(2) the intervals to be commingled, with proposed perforations or open holes noted;
(3) a well construction diagram of the subject well;
(4) any available water chemistry data demonstrating the compatibility of the fluids to be commingled; and
(5) an estimate of the amount of fluids to be commingled.
(c) Notice; protest. The applicant shall provide notice of the application as required in K.A.R. 82-3-135a. If a protest is filed in accordance with K.A.R. 82-3-135a, the application shall be set for hearing by the commission. Commingling shall be prohibited if the commission finds that waste or a violation of correlative rights is likely to result. (Authorized by K.S.A. 55-604; implementing K.S.A. 55-603, K.S.A. 55-605; effective May 8, 1989; amended April 23, 1990; amended Jan. 14, 2005; amended Nov. 2, 2007.)