Kan. Admin. Regs. § 82-3-209 - Flaring of sour gas
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
82-3-209. Flaring of sour gas. (a) Sour casinghead gas may be flared only if permitted by commission order, with consideration of the following factors:
(1) The availability of a market or of pipeline facilities;
(2) probable recoverable gas reserves;
(3) the necessity for maintenance of gas pressure in the formation;
(4) the feasibility of reinjection of sour gas;
(5) any anticipated change in the gas-oil ratio;
(6) the hydrogen sulfide content of the gas;
(7) the feasibility of desulfurization of the gas;
(8) the proposed flaring facility;
(9) the applicant's compliance with the department's air quality regulations; and
(10) any other relevant fact.
(b) Each applicant shall file an application with the conservation division. The applicant shall publish notice of the application pursuant to K.A.R. 82-3-135a and any hearing pursuant to K.A.R. 82-3-135.
(c) Each application shall include a list of the persons provided notice pursuant to K.A.R. 82-3-135a and the date that notice was provided.
(d) All sour gas flared under this regulation shall be metered and analyzed for its hydrogen sulfide content. This information shall be reported to the commission semiannually or as designated by the commission. (Authorized by K.S.A. 55-604, K.S.A. 55-704; implementing K.S.A. 55-604, K.S.A. 55-702, K.S.A. 55-703, K.S.A. 55-704; effective May 1, 1987; amended April 23, 1990; amended Aug. 14, 2015.)