Kan. Admin. Regs. § 92-14-4 - LP gas withdrawn from a motor vehicle's cargo tank and used to propel the vehicle on public highways

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

If LP gas from the cargo tank of a motor vehicle is used to propel the vehicle on public highways, the LP-gas user shall maintain an accurate record of the amount of LP gas consumed for highway use, unless taxes have been paid in advance or the vehicle is operating on a mileage basis as provided for by the liquefied petroleum motor fuel tax law, K.S.A. 79-3490 et seq. and amendments thereto. The records that show consumption shall be maintained for three years. If the director finds that the records do not accurately reflect the amount of fuel consumed for highway use, the tax owed shall be computed by the director based on the best evidence available, and the LP-gas dealer or user shall be required by the director to report and pay the tax on a mileage basis in the future.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 92-14-4
Authorized by K.S.A. 79-34,102; implementing K.S.A. 2000 Supp. 79-3491a, as amended by L. 2001, Ch. 5, § 456, K.S.A. 79-3492, 79-3497, 79-3499; effective, E-73-20, July 1, 1973; effective Jan. 1, 1974; amended March 29, 2002.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.