Kan. Admin. Regs. § 97-1-1a - Definitions

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

As used in these regulations, the following terms shall have the meanings specified in this regulation:

(a) "Applicant" means a person who has submitted to the Kansas commission on veterans' affairs a completed application packet and military discharge papers.
(b) "Commission" means the body of commissioners appointed by the governor to oversee the Kansas commission on veterans' affairs (KCVA).
(c) "Discharge" means the permanent removal by the commission of a member from a KCVA home.
(d) "Executive director" means the person who serves as executive director of the KCVA.
(e) "Furlough" means the temporary eviction of a member by the respective superintendent or designee, for any infraction of these regulations.
(f) "KSH" means Kansas soldiers' home at Fort Dodge, Kansas.
(g) "KVH" means Kansas veterans' home in Winfield, Kansas.
(h) "Licensed medical authority" means a person who is authorized by law to diagnose mental diseases or disorders.
(i) "Pass" means a superintendent's prior written permission for the voluntary, temporary absence of the veteran or nonveteran member from the home for a period in excess of 23 hours, as specified in K.A.R. 97-3-3a. An approved pass shall not affect the eligibility status of the member.
(j) "Release" means a voluntary separation granted by a superintendent upon request of a veteran or nonveteran member. The member leaves the home in good standing, and this departure does not affect the member's standing or subsequent KCVA or United States department of veterans affairs benefits.
(k) "Residence hall" means a domiciliary, including cottages, or long-term health care facility.
(l) "State" means the state of Kansas.
(m) "Superintendent" means the person appointed by the KCVA as superintendent for the KSH or KVH.
(n) "USDVA" means United States department of veterans affairs.
(o) "Weapon" means any of the following:
(1) Bludgeon, sand club, metal knuckles, throwing star, dagger, dirk, billy, or blackjack;
(2) any firearm; or
(A) Any knife that is more than four inches long or opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife; or
(B) any knife having a blade that opens, falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity or by outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 97-1-1a
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 76-1904, 76-1927, 76-1951, and 76-1955; effective May 1, 2009.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.