Kan. Admin. Regs. § 97-3-3a - Passes

Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021

(a) Absences.
(1) Twenty-three hours or less. Each member who desires to be absent from the KSH or KVH for 23 hours or less shall obtain the prior written approval of the superintendent or the superintendent's designee.
(2) More than 23 hours. Each member shall be required to obtain a pass from the superintendent for any absence longer than 23 hours. No pass shall exceed a total of three months in any 12-month period.
(3) Absences by members residing in cottages at the KSH. Each cottage member who is absent for more than 30 days with a pass shall pay an additional rent payment at the rate prescribed in K.A.R. 97-1-1a.
(4) Extensions. Any pass may be extended once by the superintendent for not more than 30 days.
(5) Early return. Each member who is absent with a pass or pass extension and who wants to return before the expiration of the pass or pass extension shall notify the superintendent at least 10 days before the date on which the member desires to return to the KSH or KVH.
(b) Medical pass. A veteran member shall request that the superintendent issue a medical pass for the purpose of being hospitalized or domiciled in a USDVA medical center. During the period that the veteran member is absent with a medical pass, the status of the veteran member's dependents shall remain unchanged. The veteran member shall be readmitted by the superintendent under the same terms and conditions as those under which the veteran member was originally admitted.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 97-3-3a
Authorized by K.S.A. 76-1927 and 76-1955; implementing K.S.A. 76-1904, 76-1927, 76-1951, and 76-1955; effective May 1, 2009.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.