Kan. Admin. Regs. § 97-6-10 - Quality assurance
Current through Register Vol. 40, No. 39, September 30, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
97-6-10. Quality assurance. (a) A quality assurance program office in the VARO's one-stop service center, as specified in L. 2006, ch. 153, sec. 1(c) and amendments thereto, shall be established by the KCVA. KCVA VSRs shall be appointed by the KCVA as quality assurance program staff, who shall review each claim for both of the following:
(1) Development of the claim. The staff shall ensure that all of the development required for each claim is completed. This development shall include notifying any claimant or representative from whom further information is needed and, if necessary, following up with any claimant or representative.
(2) Eligibility of the claimant. The staff shall review each claim for the claimant's eligibility for the benefit being sought, based on the following:
(A) The claimant's military service record;
(B) the character of the claimant's discharge;
(C) any contributions made by the claimant to the veterans' benefit program, if applicable;
(D) any qualifying disability, if applicable;
(E) delimiting dates;
(F) any requests for VA counseling;
(G) any change in the veterans' benefit program; and
(H) any processing limitations.
(b) The staff of the KCVA quality assurance program shall notify the following, in writing and as applicable, about the USDVA's claims decision or decisions:
(1) The claimant;
(2) any VSO designated in the claimant's POA;
(3) a VSR in a designated field office; and
(4) any other designee of the claimant. (Authorized by and implementing L. 2006, ch. 153, sec. 1; effective April 27, 2007.)