Sec. 605 KAR 1:215 - [Effective until 5/12/2027] Licensing fees
§ 605 KAR 1:215. [Effective until 5/12/2027] Licensing fees
RELATES TO: KRS 190.030
NECESSITY, FUNCTION AND CONFORMITY: KRS 190.030(6)(a) requires the Motor Vehicle Commission to promulgate administrative regulations in accordance with KRS Chapter 13A to establish fees for licenses issued by the Motor Vehicle Commission. This administrative regulation establishes the fees associated with acquiring and renewing licenses.
Section 1. Licensing Fees. The license fee for a calendar year, or part thereof, shall be as follows:
(1) For new motor vehicle dealers, $200 for each office or branch or agent thereof, plus $200 for a supplemental license for each used car lot not immediately adjacent to the office or to a branch;
(2) For used motor vehicle dealers, $200 for each office or branch or agent thereof;
(3) For motor vehicle leasing dealers, $200 for each office or branch or agent thereof;
(4) For restricted motor vehicle dealers, $200 for each office or branch or agent thereof;
(5) For motorcycle dealers, $200 for each office, branch, or agent thereof;
(6) For motor vehicle manufacturers, $200; and for each factory branch in this state, $200;
(7) For distributors, motor vehicle auction dealers or wholesalers, $200;
(8) For motor vehicle or recreational vehicle salespersons, forty dollars ($40), to be paid by the licensed dealer for every salesperson the dealer employs;
(9) For factory representatives, or distributor branch representatives, $200;
(10) For automotive mobility dealers, $200;
(11) For nonprofit motor vehicle dealers, $200;
(12) For nonprofit motor vehicle dealer salespersons, a license fee shall not be imposed;
(13) For recreational vehicle manufacturers or distributors, $200; and
(14) For new recreational vehicle dealers, $200.
Section 2. Renewal and Renewal Fees.
(1) Pursuant to KRS 190.030(5) all licenses expire December 31 of the calendar year for which they are granted. Licenses in good standing and which have no outstanding fines or charges owed to the commission may be renewed by the licensee for the next calendar year by submitting a renewal application and the appropriate fee to the Motor Vehicle Commission prior to December 31. Licenses that have outstanding fines or charges owed to the commission, have been revoked, suspended, or are not in good standing may not be renewed.
(2) The fee for a license renewal shall be the fee set forth in Section 1 for the applicable license type being renewed.
(3) A license may not be renewed for a new calendar year if events described KRS 190.030(7)(a) (change of location) or 605 KAR 1:070 (change of ownership) have occurred which have not been approved by the commission. In such case, the licensee must submit a new application reflecting the changes in order to obtain a license for the new calendar year.(47 Ky.R. 2526; eff. 5/12/2021.)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 190.030, 190.073
The following state regulations pages link to this page.