Chapter 24 - PESTICIDE STORAGE FACILITY STANDARDS / PESTICIDE DISTRIBUTORS
- § 026-24-1 - Applicability of this Chapter
- § 026-24-2 - Exempted Products
- § 026-24-3 - Siting and Structural Requirements for New Major Pesticide Storage Facilities
- § 026-24-4 - Structural Requirements for All New and Existing Major Pesticide Storage Facilities
- § 026-24-5 - Structural Requirements for All New and Existing Minor Pesticide Storage Facilities
- § 026-24-6 - Operational and Emergency Equipment Requirements for All Major and Minor Pesticide Storage Facilities
- § 026-24-7 - Special Requirements for Pesticide Distributor Self-Service Sales Areas
- § 026-24-8 - Local Ordinances
- § 026-24-9 - 40 CFR, Part 165, Federal Pesticide Management and Disposal Rule Adopted by Reference
Current through 2022-14, April 6, 2022
SUMMARY: These regulations provide minimum criteria for the siting, construction and operation of facilities and businesses which store pesticides for wholesale or retail purposes. They are intended to protect the public health of employees and persons who live near these facilities and to minimize adverse environmental impacts that might result from emergencies caused by fires or spills. This chapter divides storage facilities into three groups and imposes requirements commensurate with their potential threat to public health and the environment. These regulations also describe display requirements for retail businesses which offer pesticides for sale in self-service areas.
May 12, 1992
June 30, 1996
October 2, 1996
EFFECTIVE DATE (ELECTRONIC CONVERSION):
March 1, 1997
March 5, 2003 - filing 2003-59
January 4, 2005 - filing 2004-6704 affecting Sections 3.C. III.b.i., 5.C., 7.A
April 12, 2009 - filing 2009-153
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 22 M.R.S.A. §1471-O and 7 M. R.S.A. §610(2)(B)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.