Chapter 535 - RULES GOVERNING THE ADMINISTRATION OF ELECTIONS DETERMINED BY RANKED-CHOICE VOTING
- § 250-535-1 - Applicability of Ranked-choice Voting
- § 250-535-2 - Definitions
- § 250-535-3 - Ballot Design
- § 250-535-4 - Vote Counting Procedures
- § 250-535-5 - Preparation for Ranked-choice counting
- § 250-535-6 - Process for Ranked-choice counting
Current through 2022-14, April 6, 2022
SUMMARY: This rule sets forth the procedures for the administration of elections determined by ranked-choice voting, including collection, security and handling of ballots and memory devices between the municipal offices and the central counting facility; aggregating and counting the cast vote records; administering the rounds of ranked-choice counting until only two candidates remain, and the candidate with the most votes in the final round is the winner; and reporting the results.
May 11, 2018 - filing 2018-079 (EMERGENCY)
21-A MRS §723-A sub-§5-A
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.