Chapter 536 - RULES ESTABLISHING PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING AND CONDUCTING RECOUNTS OF ELECTIONS DETERMINED BY RANKED-CHOICE VOTING
- § 250-536-1 - DEFINITIONS
- § 250-536-2 - REQUESTING A RECOUNT
- § 250-536-3 - DEPOSIT FOR RECOUNT
- § 250-536-4 - PREPARATION FOR RECOUNTS
- § 250-536-5 - GENERAL PROCEDURES FOR RECOUNTS
- § 250-536-6 - PROCEDURES FOR RECOUNTS INVOLVING TWO CANDIDATES IN THE FINAL ROUND OF RANKED-CHOICE VOTING
- § 250-536-7 - PROCEDURES FOR RECOUNTS INVOLVING THE THREE CANDIDATES IN THE PENULTIMATE ROUND OF RANKED-CHOICE VOTING
- § 250-536-8 - RESOLUTION OF THE RECOUNT
Current through 2022-14, April 6, 2022
SUMMARY: This rule sets forth the procedures for requesting and conducting recounts of elections that are determined by the process of ranked-choice voting, including the collection, security and handling of ballots, scheduling and staging the recounts, personnel, instructions, supervision, sorting and counting of first-choice votes and subsequent rankings, handling of disputed and challenged ballots, and final sign-off at the conclusion of the recount. To the extent applicable, this rule incorporates provisions of Chapter 502 governing recounts in elections determined by plurality.
June 20, 2018 - filing 2018-109 (EMERGENCY)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 21-A M.R.S. §§723-A(5-A).
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.