05.06.08.02 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Act" means Housing and Community Development Article, Title 3, Subtitle 2, Annotated Code of Maryland, as amended.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Housing and Community Development.
(3) "FHLMC" means the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation.
(4) "FNMA" means the Federal National Mortgage Association.
(5) "Fund" means the Maryland Housing Fund, and, when appropriate, its authorized officers or personnel.
(a) "Mortgage" means a written instrument evidencing or creating a lien against real property to provide collateral to secure the repayment of a debt.
(b) "Mortgage" includes a deed of trust.
(7) "Mortgagee" means the original lender under a mortgage and its successors and assigns.
(8) "Mortgagor" means the original borrower under a mortgage and the borrower's successors and assigns by operation of law or as approved by the Fund.
(9) Nonprofit Entity.
(a) "Nonprofit entity" means any organization exempt from taxation under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States, 26 U.S.C. § 501(c).
(b) "Nonprofit entity" includes local development agencies and local development corporations, as defined in Housing and Community Development Article, § 4-201, Annotated Code of Maryland, and organizations exempt by reason of a charitable or public purpose.
(c) "Nonprofit entity" does not include limited dividend corporations or partnerships.
(10) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Housing and Community Development or the Secretary's designee.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.