10.15.09.13 - Labeling
A. A permittee shall ensure that milk product labels conform to the standards and requirements established by:
(2) The Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-535);
(4) The Grade "A" Pasteurized Milk Ordinance Section 4; and
(5) Health-General Article, §§ 21-422, 21-424, and 21-425, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. A milk processor shall conspicuously mark each package containing manufactured milk products with:
(1) The name of the product;
(2) The name of the manufacturer;
(3) The address of the manufacturer:
(a) If listed in the local phone book, the address may consist of the city and state;
(b) If not listed in the local phone book, the street address shall be included;
(4) Each ingredient in order of predominance;
(5) The net weight of the product in English and metric units;
(6) The batch identification of the product;
(7) Required nutritional information;
(8) If the product is made by reconstitution or recombination, the word "reconstituted" or "recombined" as applicable;
(9) If the product is or is made from milk from a hooved mammal other than cattle, the common name of the hooved mammal producing the milk preceding the name of the milk or milk product;
(10) In the case of condensed or dry milk products, if distributed by another party, the name and address of the distributor shown by a statement such as "Distributed by"; and
(11) The word "Heat-Treated" for heat-treated milk and milk products.
C. A milk producer shall label all cans of raw milk from the producer's dairy farm with the milk producer's name or permit number.(Regulation .13 adopted effective 46:10 Md. R. 485, eff. 5/20/2019)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.