29.04.06.01 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Approved armored car company" is an armored car company that has applied for and been approved to complete supplemental background investigations
(2) "Armored car company", as defined in 15 U.S.C. § 5904(2) (Title 15. Commerce and Trade; Chapter 85. Armored Car Industry Reciprocity), means a company subject to regulation under subchapter I of chapter 135 of title 49, United States Code (49 U.S.C. §§ 13501 et seq.) and that is registered under chapter 139 of such title (49 U.S.C. §§ 13901 et seq.), in order to engage in the business of transporting and protecting currency, bullion, securities, precious metals, supplemental nutrition assistance program benefits, and other articles of unusual value in interstate commerce.
(3) "Armored car guard" means an individual employed by an armored car company to provide armored car services and who carries a firearm or is authorized by the employer to access a firearm when providing armored car services.
(4) "Armored car services" means services provided by an armored car company on a contractual basis for another person, firm, association, or corporation for a fee or other valuable consideration and performs the following primary function of providing secured transportation and protection from one place or point to another place or point of money, currency, coins, bullion, securities, checks, documents, stocks, bonds, jewelry, paintings, and other valuables for a fee or other valuable consideration
(5) "Investigation supervisor" refers to the individual or individuals, assigned by the Secretary, to review and approve background investigations for wear and carry handgun permits issued by the Maryland State Police.
(6) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Maryland State Police.
(7) "Supplemental background investigation", as defined pursuant to Public Safety Article, § 5-305, Annotated Code of Maryland, refers to a background investigation submitted to the Maryland State Police that is completed by a representative of an approved armored car company, to be considered with the additional required background investigation conducted by the Maryland Department of State Police, as described in Public Safety Article, § 5-306, Annotated Code of Maryland.(Regulation .01 adopted effective 43:4 Md. R. 333, eff. 2/29/2016)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.