205 CMR 12.04 - Kennel Crates
(1) Kennel crates shall be of sound construction and maintained in good repair to protect the greyhounds from injury.
(2) Construction materials and maintenance shall allow the greyhounds to be kept clean and dry. Floors shall be semi-impervious to urine and other moisture.
(3) Crates shall be on working casters, so as to allow for the movement of the crates in order to facilitate the cleaning underneath and behind them.
(4) The shape and size of the enclosure shall afford ample space for the greyhounds to comfortably turn around, stand erect, sit or lie down without obstruction, interference, or impediment by the presence of food and water bowls. Minimum dimensions shall be 32 inches wide, 42 inches deep and 34 inches high.
(5) No more than one greyhound shall be contained in each crate.
(6) Greyhounds shall be removed from their crates at least five times in a 24-hour period. Each release time shall be sufficient to relieve bodily functions and provide adequate exercise for the greyhounds to remain fit and healthy.
(7) Crates shall be sanitized at least daily and more frequently as is necessary in order to maintain a sanitary living environment for the greyhounds.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.