205 CMR 3.08 - Dead Heats
(1) When two or more horses run a dead heat, the dead heat shall not be run off.
(2) The owners of the horses in a dead heat shall divide equally the purse money involved.
(3) If a dead heat is for first place, each horse shall be considered a winner of the amount received according to the preceding rule.
(4) When a dead heat is run for first, second, third, or fourth place and an objection is made to one of the horses in the dead heat and sustained the remaining horse in the dead heat shall be deemed the winner of the position in question.
(5) When a dead heat is run for second place and an objection is made to the winner of the race, and sustained, the horses that run the dead heat shall be deemed to have run a dead heat for first place.
(6) Owners shall divide equally all monies and other prizes and if no agreement can be reached as to which of them shall receive the cup, plate or other indivisible prize, they shall draw lots for it in the presence of one or more of the Judges.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.