205 CMR 4.42 - Winnings
(1) The winnings of a horse in a stake race shall be computed on the value of the gross earnings.
(2) Winnings shall include all net monies won in all countries, up to the time appointed for the start, including walkovers and forfeits but not second and third money nor the value of a prize not in money.
(3) Winnings during a year shall be reckoned from January 1st of that year.
(4) Winner or non-winner of a specified sum means winner, or non-winner of a single race of that value to the winner, unless otherwise stated.
(5) In computing the value of a series of races in which an extra sum of money is won by the winning of two or more races of the series, the extra amount shall not be included in the horse's winnings until the series, or that part of it, is finished and hence the extra amount is definitely ascertainable. When ascertained it shall be added to the race which determined the extra amount.
(6) Foreign winnings shall be estimated on the basis of the normal rate of exchange prevailing on the day of the winner.
(7) The entrance money, starting and subscription fees, in every race, shall go to the winner unless otherwise provided in its conditions, but when from any cause a race is not run, all stakes or entrance money, if any paid, shall be returned.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.