61.04 - Collection of Data
61.04. Collection of Data
1. Subsidizing agencies shall collect data, as required by 760 CMR 61.04, on assisted housing units and state or federal rental assistance that they administer. Subsidizing agencies may designate such data collection responsibility to entities including but not limited to project sponsors, property owners, and managers. Subsidizing agencies or their designees shall collect data in a manner and schedule that complies with guidelines, instructions, and/or forms developed by DHCD.
2. Data shall be collected on the number and location of assisted housing units and state or federal rental assistance.
3. Data shall be collected for the term of the subsidy, including upon turnover and rent re-determination, and resale where applicable as determined by DHCD.
4. Data shall be collected on:
(a) tenure of the unit;
(b) the type of housing;
(c) the type of building;
(d) the number of bedrooms per housing unit;
(e) the number of accessible units for mobility impairments;
(f) the number of accessible units for sensory impairments;
(g) the source and term of any and all subsidy;
(h) the size of each household;
(i) the income level of each household;
(j) the race and ethnicity of the head of household of each household, and, if available as determined by DHCD, a designation of whether or not the household contains at least one adult member that is a racial minority and and/or ethnic minority;
(k) the number of children under 18 years of age in each household;
(l) the number of children under 6 years of age in each household;
(m) to the extent possible, as determined by DHCD, the number of households that requested an accessible unit;
(n) to the extent possible, as determined by DHCD, the number of households in paragraph (m) that received an accessible unit; and
(o) the household type, if available as determined by DHCD.
5. To the extent possible, as determined by DHCD, data shall be collected on the combined race and ethnicity of each head of household as follows:
(a) "White, Hispanic"
(b) "White, non-Hispanic
(c) "Black or African American, Hispanic"
(d) "Black or African American, non-Hispanic"
(e) "Asian, Hispanic"
(f) "Asian, non-Hispanic"
(g) "American Indian or Alaska Native, Hispanic"
(h) "American Indian or Alaska Native, non-Hispanic"
(i) "Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Hispanic"
(j) "Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, non-Hispanic"
(k) "Other, Hispanic"
(l) "Other, non-Hispanic."
6. As DHCD determines appropriate, reasonable, and consistent with all applicable state and federal laws, data regarding disability shall be collected.
7. Any and all inquiries made on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, and disability for the purpose contained in 760 CMR 61.02 must include notice that responses are voluntary.
8. Inquiries of disabled persons must comply with 24 C.F.R. § 100.202(c).
9. Regulatory agreements and other funding contracts shall contain provisions providing for compliance with the Act and the regulations contained in 760 CMR 61.00 et seq.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.