19 CSR 30-62.222 - Records and Reports
Current through Register Vol. 47, No. 7, April 1, 2022
PURPOSE: This amendment changes references of rescinded 19 CSR 40 to current 19 CSR 30 and removes outdated and duplicate rules. This amendment also changes background screening record retention requirements to comply with section 210.1080, RSMo.
*Original authority: 210.221.1(3), RSMo 1949, amended 1955, 1987, 1993, 1995.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
19 CSR 30-62.222 Records and Reports
PURPOSE: This rule lists records and reports which must be on file at the facility.
(1) The child care provider shall maintain accurate records to meet administrative requirements and to ensure knowledge of the individual needs of children and their families.
(2) An individual file shall be kept to identify each child and enable the provider to communicate with the parent(s), guardian or legal custodian of the child in an emergency. Records shall include:
(A) The child's full name, address, birth-date and the date care begins and ends;
(B) Full name of the parent(s), guardian or legal custodian, home address, employers' name and address, work schedule, and home and work telephone numbers;
(C) Name, address and telephone number of another individual (friend or relative) who might be reached in an emergency when the parent(s), guardian or legal custodian cannot be reached;
(D) Name and phone number of the family physician, hospital, or both, to be used in an emergency;
(E) Name of the individual(s) authorized to take the child from the facility; and
(F) Field trip and transportation authorization.
(3) Health information shall be retained in each child's individual file and shall include:
(A) A medical examination report for each infant, toddler, or preschool child or a health report for each school-age child as required by 19 CSR 30-62.122 Medical Examination Reports;
(B) Written parental authorization for medications and a record of medications administered;
(C) Information concerning any accident or injury to the child while at the facility or any emergency medical care; and
(D) Any significant information learned from observing the child.
(4) Individual children's records shall be retained a minimum of one (1) year after the child discontinues attendance.
(5) Daily child attendance records shall be maintained and kept on file a minimum of one (1) year.
(6) Daily staff and volunteer attendance records shall be maintained and kept on file a minimum of one (1) year.
(7) All enrollment records, medical examination records, and attendance records shall be filed in a place known to caregivers and shall be accessible at all times. Records shall not be in a locked area or removed from the facility during the hours the facility is open and operating.
(8) The provider shall maintain a written record at the facility for fire and disaster drills.
(9) A copy of qualifying background screening results shall be kept on file for child care staff members, as required by 19 CSR 30-63.020 General Requirements.
(10) All records of children shall be confidential, protected from unauthorized examination, and available to the parent(s) upon request.
(11) All records shall be available in the facility for inspection by the department upon request.
(12) Reports to the department shall be submitted as required.
AUTHORITY: section 210.221.1(3), RSMo 2016, and section 210.1080, RSMo Supp. 2018.* This rule previously filed as 13 CSR 40-62.190, 13 CSR 40-62.222, and 19 CSR 40-62.222. Original rule filed March 29, 1991, effective Oct. 31, 1991. Changed to 19 CSR 40-62.222, effective Dec. 9, 1993. Emergency amendment filed Aug. 18, 1993, effective Aug. 28, 1993, expired Dec. 25, 1993. Emergency amendment filed Jan. 4, 1994, effective Jan. 14, 1994, expired May 13, 1994. Amended: Filed Aug. 18, 1993, effective April 9, 1994. Changed to 19 CSR 30-62.222 July 30, 1998. Amended: Filed Feb. 18, 1999, effective Sept. 30, 1999. Emergency amendment filed Feb. 15, 2019, effective Feb. 25, 2019, expired Aug. 23, 2019. Amended: Filed Feb. 15, 2019, effective Aug. 30, 2019.
*Original authority: 210.221.1(3), RSMo 1949, amended 1955, 1987, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2015 and 210.1080, RSMo 2018.