19 CSR 30-63.010 - Definitions
Current through Register Vol. 47, No. 7, April 1, 2022
PURPOSE: This amendment revises and adds definitions to comply with section 210.1080.1, RSMo; specifically, this amendment revises the definitions for child care provider and child care staff member and adds a definition for qualifying result.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
19 CSR 30-63.010 Definitions
PURPOSE: This rule provides definitions to be used in the interpretation and enforcement of 19 CSR 30-63.
(1) Child care provider, group day care home provider, or provider is the person(s) licensed or required to be licensed under section 210.211, RSMo, or person(s) exempted by section 210.1080.9(1), RSMo, in order to establish, conduct, or maintain a child care facility. This person(s) shall have the following rights and responsibilities as determined by the department:
(A) Ultimate responsibility for making and implementing decisions regarding the operation of the facility; and
(B) Ultimate financial control of the operation of the facility.
(2) Child care staff member is̶a child care provider; persons employed by the child care provider for compensation, including contract employees or self-employed individuals; individuals or volunteers whose activities involve the care or supervision of children for a child care provider or unsupervised access to children who are cared for or supervised by a child care provider; or individuals residing in a family child care home who are seventeen (17) years of age and older.
(3) Criminal background check includes the following:
(A) A Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint check;
(B) A search of the National Crime Information Center's National Sex Offender Registry; and
(C) A search of the following registries, repositories, including the Family Care Safety Registry, or databases in Missouri, the state where the child care staff member resides, and each state where such staff member resided during the preceding five (5) years:
1. The state criminal registry or repository, with the use of fingerprints being required in the state where the staff member resides and optional in other states;
2. The state sex offender registry or repository; and
3. The state-based child abuse and neglect registry and database.
(4) Director is the director of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
(5) Department is the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
AUTHORITY: section 210.1080, RSMo Supp. 2018. * Emergency rule filed Feb. 15, 2019, effective Feb. 25, 2019, expired Aug. 23, 2019. Original rule filed Feb. 15, 2019, effective Aug. 30, 2019.
*Original authority: 210.1080, RSMo 2018.