19 CSR 30-63.020 - General Requirements
Current through Register Vol. 47, No. 7, April 1, 2022
PURPOSE: This amendment makes changes consistent with recent changes to section 210.1080, RSMo; specifically, changing when a person may begin working in a child care facility to the point in which they have received the qualifying result of a fingerprint based background check and adds an exemption to background screening for those child care providers who are not directly responsible for the oversight or direction of the child care facility and who do not have independent access to the facility.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
19 CSR 30-63.020 General Requirements
PURPOSE: This rule requires child care staff members to complete criminal background screening and have a qualifying result pursuant to section 210.1080, RSMo.
(1) Prior to the employment or presence of a child care staff member in a family child care home, group child care home, child care center, or license-exempt facility not exempted by section 210.1080.9(1), RSMo, the child care provider shall request the results of a criminal background check for such child care staff member from the department.
(2) A prospective child care staff member may begin work for a child care provider after the criminal background check has been requested from the department; however, pending completion of the criminal background check, the prospective child care staff member shall be supervised at all times by another child care staff member who received a qualifying result on the criminal background check within the past five (5) years.
(3) Child care providers shall request the results of a criminal background check for all child care staff members, unless the requirements of section (4) of this rule are met by the child care provider and proof is submitted to the department.
(4) A child care provider shall not be required to submit a request for a criminal background check for a child care staff member if̶
(A) The staff member received a criminal background check within five (5) years before the latest date on which such a submission may be made and while employed by or seeking employment by another child care provider within Missouri;
(B) The first provider received a qualifying criminal background check result, consistent with this chapter, for the staff member; and
(C) The staff member is employed by a child care provider within Missouri or has been separated from employment from a child care provider within Missouri for a period of not more than one hundred eighty (180) consecutive days.
(5) Criminal background checks shall be completed for each child care staff member every five (5) years.
AUTHORITY: section 210.1080, RSMo Supp. 2018. * Emergency rule filed Feb. 15, 2019, effective Feb. 25, 2019, expired Aug. 23, 2019. Original rule filed Feb. 15, 2019, effective Aug. 30, 2019.
*Original authority: 210.1080, RSMo 2018.