5 CSR 20-500.180 - Informal Review
5 CSR 20-500.180. Informal Review
PURPOSE: This rule establishes the procedures for informal review of a decision made by the Office of Adult Learning and Rehabilitation Services, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended, 29 USC section 701 et. seq. and the Code of Federal Regulations.
(1) The applicant or eligible individual may request an informal review in writing to the respective district office supervisor.
(2) The district supervisor or regional manager will conduct an informal review within twenty (20) working days from receipt of the applicant's or eligible individual's request.
(3) An applicant or eligible individual may request a due process hearing or mediation without informal review.
(4) If the informal review is not successful, a formal due process hearing will be conducted within sixty (60) days from the applicant or eligible individual's written request for informal review unless both parties agree to a specified time extension.
(5) The applicant or eligible individual will be informed of the results of their informal review in writing and the right to a due process hearing or mediation.(AUTHORITY: sections 161.092, RSMo Supp. 2002 and 178.600, 178.610 and 178.620, RSMo 2000.* This rule previously filed as 5 CSR 90-4.410. Original rule filed Dec. 17, 1999, effective Aug. 30, 2000. Amended: Filed March 27, 2003, effective Oct. 30, 2003. Moved to 5 CSR 20-500.180, effective Aug. 16, 2011. Amended by Missouri Register July 1, 2014/Volume 39, Number 13, effective 8/31/2014)
*Original authority: 161.092, RSMo 1963, amended 1973, 2002; 178.600, RSMo 1963; 178.610, RSMo 1963; and 178.620, RSMo 1963.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.