Mont. Admin. R. 4.17.109 - CONVERSION PROGRAM
Current through Register Vol. 18, September 24, 2021
80-11-601, MCA; IMP, 80-11-601, MCA;
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
4.17.109 CONVERSION PROGRAM
(1) Producers and handlers converting to organic production that do not qualify for certification may apply for an application review or full review including an inspection. These reviews allow potential applicants to experience procedures and requirements of the certification program and to identify areas of potential noncompliance.
(2) Applicants for conversion period application review must prepay one-half of the applicable application fee and submit appropriate application forms. The department will review the application and no inspection will be conducted. The department will notify the applicant of any deficiencies in the application or the organic system plan.
(3) Applicants for conversion period full review must prepay the full amount of the applicable application fee and submit the appropriate application forms. An inspection will be scheduled and conducted. The department will notify the applicant of any deficiencies in the application or the organic system plan and any deficiencies determined as a result of the inspection.
(4) A conversion period full review including an inspection in the year prior to certification exempts the operation from payment of a new application fee in the first year of certification.
(5) The new application fee does not apply to conversion period reviews.
(6) Persons who participate in the conversion program shall not imply in any manner that they are organically certified, and must not sell, label, or represent products as "100 percent organic," "organic," or "made with organic ingredients."
History: 80-11-601, MCA; IMP, 80-11-601, MCA; NEW, 2003 MAR p. 2848, Eff. 12/25/03.