Nev. Admin. Code § 286.420 - Proof of birth date and change of name

A person's birth date and changes of name may be established by:

1. A certified copy of a birth certificate;
2. A certificate of baptism or a certified copy of the certificate;
3. A delayed certificate of birth; or
4. Any two of the following:
(a) A school's record of age or a certified copy of the record.
(b) A record of military service or a certified copy of the record.
(c) A record of marriage, if the person's date of birth is shown on the record, or a certified copy of the record.
(d) A certificate of naturalization of the person or of his or her parents, if the person's age is stated on the certificate.
(e) A transcript of records from the United States Bureau of the Census.
(f) A certified copy of a family Bible which includes the name of the person who entered the date of birth in the Bible, when the date of birth was entered, an explanation of any corrections and the date of the printing of the Bible.
(g) A passport.
(h) A notarized statement by a person who has personal knowledge of the date of birth and who was an adult at the time of the birth.
(i) A record of the Department of Motor Vehicles or a comparable agency in another state.
(j) A hospital's record of birth.
(k) Records compiled pursuant to the Social Security Act.
(l) Records of registration to vote.
(m) Any document which is more than 10 years old and which lists the person's date of birth.


Nev. Admin. Code § 286.420
Pub. Emp. Retirement Bd., § 44, eff. 7-16-82

NRS 286.200

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.