A person who wishes to obtain a salvage title or nonrepairable vehicle certificate from the Department must submit:
(a) A completed application, including a description of the vehicle, on the form provided by the Department;
Evidence of the ownership of the vehicle, consisting of any of the following:
(1) A certificate of title issued by the Department, or a comparable document of title issued by a public authority of another state, territory or country;
(2) A salvage title;
(3) Unless the application is for a salvage title, a nonrepairable vehicle certificate;
(4) Proof of compliance with the provisions of NRS 108.265 to 108.367, inclusive, in the form required by the Department, if the vehicle has been acquired through the enforcement of a lien obtained pursuant to NRS 108.270; or
(5) Such other evidence as the Department requires to establish ownership of the vehicle; and
(c) The fee set forth in NRS 487.810, if applicable.
2. The materials required by this section must be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles, Central Services and Records Division, Salvage Unit Office, 555 Wright Way, Carson City, Nevada 89711-0750.
3. If an applicant strictly complies with all the requirements of this section, the Department will issue a salvage title or nonrepairable vehicle certificate within 2 business days after all the materials are received by the Salvage Unit.
4. The Director interprets "days," as that term is used in NRS 487.810, to mean business days.