Nev. Admin. Code § 293.010 - Definitions
Current through August 4, 2021
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
NRS 293.124, 293.675
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 293.010 Definitions. (NRS 293.124, 293.675) As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Ballot stock” means the material upon which:
(a) A ballot is printed; and
(b) A voter directly indicates his or her vote.
2. “Department” means the Department of Motor Vehicles.
3. “Results cartridge” means the cartridge of a mechanical recording device which contains the electronically recorded ballots cast during the election and from which the ballots are tabulated.
4. “Signature stamp” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 427A.755.
5. “Statewide voter registration list” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 293.111.
6. “Voter verifiable paper audit trail printer” or “VVPAT” means the device attached to a mechanical recording device and the paper it prints to record all votes cast by a voter for any and all candidates and for or against any and all measures, enabling that voter to visually verify that the mechanical voting system has accurately recorded the votes of the voter.
7. “Voting booth” means any place or compartment used to screen a voter from the observation of others.
[Sec’y of State, Conduct of Elections Reg. § ABC-1, eff. 2-28-80] — (NAC A 12-16-83; 11-19-87; 3-15-96; R217-97, 5-26-98; R183-01, 5-10-2002; R072-06, 7-14-2006; R018-07, 9-18-2008)