Nev. Admin. Code § 293.315 - Absent ballot sent by facsimile: Contents and form
Current through August 4, 2021
NRS 293.124, 293.247, 293.250
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 293.315 Absent ballot sent by facsimile: Contents and form. (NRS 293.124, 293.247, 293.250)
1. An absent ballot sent to a voter by facsimile pursuant to subsection 2 of NRS 293.323 must:
(a) Contain instructions for marking the absent ballot.
(b) Contain instructions for returning the absent ballot by facsimile, including, without limitation, the:
(1) Facsimile transmission number that the voter may use to return the absent ballot.
(2) Deadline for returning the absent ballot by facsimile to the county clerk.
(c) Contain the contact information of the county clerk or an authorized representative of the county clerk who will be available during normal business hours to answer questions from the voter concerning the absent ballot. Such information must include, without limitation, the county clerk or authorized representative’s name, address, phone number, facsimile transmission number and electronic mail address.
(d) Instruct the voter that the absent ballot may not be used by another voter or duplicated.
(e) Instruct the voter to read and sign a declaration, under penalty of perjury, stating that the voter:
(1) Resides within the precinct in which he or she is voting; and
(2) Is the person who requested the absent ballot.
(f) Contain a statement that failure to sign the declaration required pursuant to paragraph (e) will result in the absent ballot not being counted.
(g) Contain any other information required by the Secretary of State or county clerk.
2. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 293.309, an absent ballot and the information required pursuant to subsection 1 must be written on a form 8 1/2 x 11 inches in size and printed in a size equal to at least 10-point black type on a white background.
(Added to NAC by Sec’y of State by R092-09, eff. 10-27-2009; A by R111-11, 12-30-2011)