Nev. Admin. Code § 293.515 - Filing; form; delivery of copy to respondents
Current through August 4, 2021
NRS 293.124, 293.247, 293.4685
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 293.515 Filing; form; delivery of copy to respondents. (NRS 293.124, 293.247, 293.4685)
1. A person who believes that a violation of Title III of the Help America Vote Act of 2002, Public Law 107-252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 15481 to 15502, inclusive, has occurred, is occurring or is about to occur may file a complaint with the Office of the Secretary of State.
2. A complaint filed pursuant to subsection 1 must:
(a) Be in writing, notarized and signed and sworn by the complainant. If the Secretary of State prescribes a form for the complaint, the complaint must be filed on that form.
(c) Be filed in the Office of the Secretary of State in Carson City:
(1) Not later than 60 days after the occurrence of the action or event that forms the basis for the complaint or for the belief of the complainant that a violation of 42 U.S.C. §§ 15481 to 15502, inclusive, is about to occur; or
(2) Not later than 60 days after the complainant knew or, with the exercise of reasonable diligence, should have known of the action or event that forms the basis for the complaint or for the belief of the complainant that a violation of 42 U.S.C. §§ 15481 to 15502, inclusive, is about to occur,
whichever is later.
3. The complainant shall mail or deliver a copy of the complaint to each respondent not later than the date on which the complaint is filed.
(Added to NAC by Sec’y of State by R077-03, eff. 12-4-2003)