433.Sec. 11 - NEW
433.Sec. 11. NEW
1. Upon receiving a request from a practitioner pursuant to section 10 of this regulation to involuntarily administer psychotropic medication to a patient, the director of a public or private mental health facility or his or her designee shall:
(a) Appoint a committee consisting of three members, at least two of whom are professionally knowledgeable in the field of psychiatric mental health and at least one of whom is a licensed psychiatrist. A person must not be appointed to serve as a member of the committee if the person is:
(1) Involved in the diagnosis or care of the patient;
(2) The director of the facility; or
(3) Designated by the director to review the decision of the committee pursuant to section 14 of this regulation.
(b) Appoint an advisor to perform the duties prescribed by section 12 of this regulation. The advisor must be a person who:
(1) Is not currently involved in the care of the patient;
(2) Understands psychiatric issues; and
(3) Has received training on the procedures set forth in sections 9 to 14, inclusive, of this regulation and understands the role of the advisor.
2. A committee appointed pursuant to subsection 1 shall schedule a hearing to review the request from a practitioner pursuant to section 10 of this regulation to involuntarily administer psychotropic medication to a patient. The hearing must be held not less than 24 working hours after the receipt of the request. The committee shall notify the patient and his or her advisor not less than 24 hours before the hearing of the date and time of the hearing.
Added to NAC by Div. of Men. Health & Dev. Services by R012-20A, eff. 8-26-2020
The following state regulations pages link to this page.