445B.287 - Operating permits: General requirements; exception; restrictions on transfers
445B.287. Operating permits: General requirements; exception; restrictions on transfers
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2 and in NAC 445B.288, an operating permit, operating permit to construct or permit to construct is required for each stationary source that is a Class I or Class II source and:
(a) If a stationary source is a Class I source:
(1) A revision of the operating permit or the permit to construct is required pursuant to the requirements of NAC 445B.3425, 445B.344 or 445B.3441 before the stationary source may be modified; or
(2) A revision of the operating permit to construct is required pursuant to the requirements of paragraph (a) of subsection 1 of NAC 445B.3361 before the stationary source may be modified,
(b) If a stationary source is a Class II source, a revision of the operating permit or the permit to construct is required pursuant to the requirements of NAC 445B.3465 before the stationary source may be modified.
(c) If a stationary source maintains one or more thermal units that emit mercury, the owner or operator of a thermal unit that emits mercury shall comply with the provisions set forth in NAC 445B.3611 to 445B.3689, inclusive.
2. A Class I source is not subject to the provisions of subparagraph (1) of paragraph (a) of subsection 1 if the source is not a major source, an affected source or a solid waste incineration unit required to obtain a permit pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 7429(e). For a Class I source which is not a major source and which subsequently becomes subject to a standard or other requirement under 42 U.S.C. § 7411 or 7412, the Administrator will determine whether to exempt the source from the requirement to obtain a Class I operating permit at the time that the new standard is adopted.
3. An operating permit, operating permit to construct or permit to construct may not be transferred from one owner or piece of equipment to another. An owner or operator may apply for an administrative amendment reflecting a change of ownership or the name of the stationary source for the effective time remaining on the original operating permit pursuant to NAC 445B.319.
4. As used in this section:
(a) "Permit to construct" means a document issued and signed by the Director before November 1, 1995, certifying that:
(1) Adequate empirical data for a stationary source has been received and constitutes approval of location; or
(2) All portions of NAC 445B.305 to 445B.314, inclusive, and 445B.3395, and any other provisions of NAC 445B.001 to 445B.390, inclusive, have been complied with and constitute approval of location and for construction.
(b) "Thermal unit that emits mercury" has the meaning ascribed to it in NAC 445B.3643.
Environmental Comm'n, Air Quality Reg. §§ 3.1.1-3.1.3, eff. 11-7-75; A 12-15-77; § 3.1.9, eff. 11-7-75; A 12-4-76-NAC A 7-29-82; 10-22-87; 12-15-88; 12-13-93; 10-30-95; R105-97, 3-5-98; R117-00, 6-1-2001; R040-01, 10-25-2001; R103-02, 12-17-2002; R125-04, 9-24-2004; R189-05, 5-4-2006; R162-06, 9-18-2006; R040-10, 7-22-2010; R014-11, 10-26-2011; A by R085-16A, eff. 11-2-2016
NRS 445B.210, 445B.300
The following state regulations pages link to this page.