Nev. Admin. Code § 446.121 - Shellstock: Identification tags and labels
Current through August 4, 2021
NRS 439.200, 446.940
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 446.121 Shellstock: Identification tags and labels. (NRS 439.200, 446.940)
1. Shellstock must be obtained in containers which bear legible source identification tags or labels that are affixed by the harvester and each dealer that depurates, ships or reships the shellstock, as provided in the “National Shellfish Sanitation Program Guide for the Control of Molluscan Shellfish,” published by the United States Food and Drug Administration, and which set forth:
(a) On the harvester’s tag or label:
(1) The harvester’s identification number that is assigned by the shellfish control authority;
(2) The date of harvesting;
(3) The most precise identification of the harvest location or aquaculture site that is practicable based on the system of harvest area designations that is in use by the shellfish control authority and including the abbreviation of the name of the state or country in which the shellfish are harvested;
(4) The type and quantity of shellfish; and
(5) The following statement in bold, capitalized type: “THIS TAG IS REQUIRED TO BE ATTACHED UNTIL CONTAINER IS EMPTY OR RETAGGED AND THEREAFTER KEPT ON FILE FOR 90 DAYS”; and
(b) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, on each dealer’s tag or label:
(1) The dealer’s name and address and the certification number assigned by the shellfish control authority;
(2) The original shipper’s certification number, including the abbreviation of the name of the state or country in which the shellfish are harvested;
(3) The same information as provided for a harvester’s tag pursuant to subparagraphs (1) to (4), inclusive, of paragraph (a); and
(4) The following statement in bold, capitalized type: “THIS TAG IS REQUIRED TO BE ATTACHED UNTIL CONTAINER IS EMPTY AND THEREAFTER KEPT ON FILE FOR 90 DAYS.”
2. A container of shellstock which does not bear a tag or label or which bears a tag or label that does not contain all of the information otherwise required pursuant to this section may be subject to a hold order, seized, discarded or destroyed.
3. If a place is provided on the harvester’s tag or label for a dealer’s name, address and certification number, the dealer’s information must be listed first.
4. If the harvester’s tag or label is designed to accommodate each dealer’s identification as provided pursuant to paragraph (b) of subsection 1, individual dealer tags or labels need not be provided.
(Added to NAC by Bd. of Health by R069-10, eff. 12-18-2013)