Nev. Admin. Code § 446.134 - Preparation and service of ice
Current through August 4, 2021
NRS 439.150, 439.200, 446.940
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 446.134 Preparation and service of ice. (NRS 439.150, 439.200, 446.940)
1. When employees dispense ice for customers, the ice must be dispensed using scoops, tongs or other utensils that have been approved by the health authority or by automatic equipment. Ice offered for sale must be packaged and labeled properly.
2. Utensils used for dispensing ice must be stored on a clean surface and in a manner that has been approved by the health authority or in the ice with the handles of the utensils extended out of the ice. Receptacles used to transfer ice must be stored so that they are protected from contamination when not in use.
3. Bins used for the storage of ice must be drained through an air gap.
4. Ice that has been packaged for sale at the establishment must be prepared in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
5. Only those items necessary for dispensing, packaging or transporting ice may be stored on top of an ice machine.
[Bd. of Health, Food Establishments Reg. Art. 3 § 3.7 subsec. 3.7.7, eff. 9-17-82]—(NAC A 9-16-92; 5-23-96; R069-10, 12-18-2013)—(Substituted in revision for NAC 446.175)