Nev. Admin. Code § 446.148 - Wiping cloths
Current through August 4, 2021
NRS 439.200, 446.940
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 446.148 Wiping cloths. (NRS 439.200, 446.940)
1. Cloths in use for wiping food spills from tableware and carry-out containers that occur as food is being served must be:
(a) Maintained in a dry condition; and
(b) Used for no other purpose.
2. Cloths in use for wiping counters and other equipment surfaces must be:
(a) Held between uses in a chemical sanitizer solution at an approved concentration; and
(b) Laundered daily.
3. Cloths in use for wiping surfaces in contact with raw animal foods must be kept separate from cloths used for other purposes.
4. Dry wiping cloths and the chemical sanitizing solutions specified in paragraph (a) of subsection 2, in which wet wiping cloths are held between uses, must be free of food debris and visible soil.
5. Containers of chemical sanitizing solutions specified in paragraph (a) of subsection 2, in which wet wiping cloths are held between uses, must be stored off the floor and used in a manner that prevents contamination of food, equipment, utensils, linens, and single-service and single-use articles.
6. Single-use disposable sanitizer wipes must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s label use instructions that are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency.
(Added to NAC by Bd. of Health by R069-10, eff. 12-18-2013)